-moz-user-select:none; -webkit-user-select:none; -khtml-user-select:none; -ms-user-select:none; user-select:none;

4/24/2012

Sachin tendulkar-the god of cricket


"I have seen God, he bats at no. 4 for India"-mattew hayden




On his 39th birthday, here is my post as a tribute to him...So where to start from, he has scored thousands of runs and has conquered  millions of records , but what makes him great is his hunger for the game at the age when most players turn commentators.
His perseveration and passion to make his child hood dream to win world cup for India was clearly evident last year. I still remember those winning moments when he came running like an ecstatic child out of the pavilion to celebrate the victory with ms dhoni…That moment left me spell bound.
He is a paragon of humility at the zenith of  success. He has always respected the game and unlike other players, never questioned back the umpire (even though, he always has been at the receiving of the unfair decisions)
Most of us tremble under family pressure, peer pressure, etc but just think of this guy who has to bear the burden of billion hopes every time he walks to bat and he has still performed consistently over the years which is clearly evident from the sky rocketing average and strike rate he has even after two decades of cricketing career.
He has been criticized many times that he plays for personal records, but with once in an interview with ravi shastri he said-
“I would love to get out in 90’s every time, if India wins”
This statement clearly shows the level of patriotism and his selflessness for personnel gains.
It’s high time we stop doubting sachin’s dignity and his decision to retire.  Who are we to judge a man who is already immortal in cricket, whose achievements seem to be unconquerable in future?
I am just a mere follower and he is definitely my god, and followers don’t doubt, they have faith in their god. I would just request that we let this pocket size dynamite play freely, at least in his last phase of career and just cherish the class of a god called Sachin Tendulkar.

-animesh shah

some quotations on sachin tendulkar-
Shane Warne 
I'll be going to bed having nightmares of Sachin just running down the wicket and belting me back over the head for six. He was unstoppable. I don't think anyone, apart from Don Bradman, is in the same class as Sachin Tendulkar. He is just an amazing player.

Anil Kumble 
'I am fortunate that I've to bowl at him only in the 

nets!'

Brian Lara 
Sachin is a genius. I'm a mere mortal.

Andy Flower: 
'There are 2 kind of batsmen in the world. One Sachin Tendulkar. Two all the others.'

Sir Don Bradman 
I saw him (Sachin) playing on television and was struck by his technique, so I asked my wife to come look at him. Now I never saw myself play, but I feel that this player is playing much the same as I used to play, and she looked at him on Television and said yes, there is a similarity between the two...hi compactness, technique, stroke production... it all seemed to gel.



3 comments:

  1. sachin-a true ideal and influential person...put sum more comments of other people...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Love u sachin... more than my girlfriend.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...